Saturday, August 9, 2008

Cheesecake!



To follow up on my post about raspberry picking: Joe made jam and with a little helpful advice from my grandma it turned out great! Lily has really been enjoying it on her little waffles. My mom also made a raspberry swirl cheesecake (the only part I did was the raspberry swirls)- and it was wonderful! So, here is the recipe as I promised!

1 cup of graham cracker crumbs
1 cup + 3 TBL sugar
3 TBL butter, melted
5 pkgs of Philadelphia cream cheese, softened
3 TBL flour
1 TBL of vanilla
1 cup sour cream
4 eggs
1/2 cup crushed sweetened raspberries


Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

Mix crumbs with melted butter, press firmly into bottom of foil lined 13x9 baking pan. Bake 10 min.

Beat cream cheese, 1 cup of sugar, flour and vanilla in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed
Until well blended. Add sour cream, mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beating on low speed after each addition, just until blended. Pour over crust.

Gently drop jam or fruit by small spoonfuls over top of batter. Cut through batter several times with knife for marble effect.

Bake 40 min. Or until center is almost set. Cool and then refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.

We also thought this would be good with an extra 1/2 of crushed raspberries swirled in the middle- so it would go cheesecake, raspberries, cheesecake, raspberries. Either way it's delicious! Enjoy!


1 comment:

Mandy said...

Oh yay! Angie, I am so glad you have a blog and wish Brandon would have told me earlier! :-) Thanks so much for letting me know. I am really excited to keep up with what is going on with you guys! I love your Acadia pictures! Lily is soooo big...and lovely!