Monday, August 25, 2008

An Up and Down Sort of Weekend


This weekend was sort of up and down, good and bad, all over the place. It started off good with the visit I wrote about earlier with our friends Friday morning. Then Lily woke up from her nap that afternoon and everything had changed. What I thought was teething at first turned into a nasty little cold- and she has been some kind of fussy ever since. Saturday was just mostly bad. With Lily being sick we were trying everything to entertain her- including a swim in her baby pool. That was cheering her up until she climbed out of the pool and sat down on the deck (to eat a few grapes I thought)- until I turned back around to see her playing with something strange- ok gross- ok, it was poop (that had squirted out of her diaper when she sat down). I quickly ran her up to the bathtub and tried to wrangle her soaked, clingy swim diaper off of her. Not only was her diaper full, but it was baby diarhea (which is the worst kind). And now it was everywhere-all over her, the bathtub, and all her bath toys. So, I quickly ran her to our bathroom downstairs to shower her off. Then I had to call Joe in from mowing the lawn to watch her while I dealed with the now 3 room biohazard. It was just about all cleaned up when I realized that we were out of bleach (we needed to soak her tub and all her bath toys). So I quickly ran to Hannaford to pick some up. Only as I'm leaving Hannaford I'm in a car accident. I was completely backed out of my parking spot (and ready to shift into drive) when I see someone back straight at me (totally oblivious to my presence). I tried to get out of the way, but of course she still hit me. Thankfully she was a very sweet lady and after she apologized many times (aparently her neck was bothering her and she hadn't looked all the way behind her) we exchanged numbers. Well, all I can say is that you've got to love a plastic car (a Saturn) because there was very little damage (just a little paint scraped away). Joe said that someone let him off once so we decided to return the favor and fix the paint ourselves. I think she was relieved. So, that was Saturday. It was just crummy. But Sunday seemed to turn around again and we enjoyed a fun afternoon at the American Folk Festival with our friends Brave and Jenny (and their two kids). The kids danced to the drum music at one of the performances (this is a picture of Lily dancing), did a few little crafts, and enjoyed some really good festival food. With the little ones it was hard to go to many of the performances, but that was ok because it was just wonderful being with our friends and especially watching Lily and their kids play and chase each other around- too cute! Thanks for a great time Brave and Jenny! So we ended the weekend on a good note. Unfortunately Joe is really sick today too- so we're starting off the week crummy, but that must mean that the good is yet to come!

No comments: