Tuesday, August 19, 2008

My Husband's Got Skills!

Joe just amazed me with how much he had accomplished in the kitchen by the time I got home on Sunday! He (with a little help from his dad on Saturday) had done all of the plumbing and electrical, put in all the cabinets and counters, and installed the new sink and dishwasher! Since I can't begin to fathom how to do even one of these things I am continually amazed by his skills! Since Lily and I have been back work has slowed some (working around the babe makes things a little more difficult), but he has installed the microwave and finished the flooring. Today he is working on trim (as you can see in the picture) and we are hoping to get the tile (for the backsplash) in tonight! We also bought our new stove yesterday and we are just waiting to find a few people to help us lift it through the window! There is still a lot of finishing to do, but it looks amazing and I'm thrilled!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

For some reason, I can't get my blog to update me when you post a new one. I check, and here you have posted so much!

The kitchen looks AMAZING! Joe does have skills! Congratulations on your new kitchen. How fun, Angie! And about Lily's naps...Brandon and I were just saying yesterday how much better one long nap is then two. We still get plenty of time to get what we needed done, but we have lots more freedom to get out. I hope you enjoy it more too.