Thursday, December 11, 2008

Books!

Lily loves books! So do Joe and I. We try to read to her often. Sometimes she lets us read full stories. Sometimes she lets us read a few pages. Sometimes we only get through the first page before moving onto another book. And sometimes she just likes to look at them herself! Here she is shortly after Thanksgiving- all snuggled in for a good read. She sat like this for a while just looking over her books. Lately one of my favorites is a book that my Aunt Linda gave to Lily last year for Christmas called "The Day The Babies Crawled Away." Here's a taste:
"They crawled in a cave-
You cried, 'Babies, BEHAVE!'
But the babies loved bats,
So the babies just waved!"
It is such a cute book!
Maybe in the future I'll post about some of the books Joe and I are reading too!



1 comment:

The Good Harvest Homestead said...

Brenna loves books too! Her new favorite book is "Hands, Hands, Fingers, Thumb." It has lots of words she can say so she walks around with the book "reading" it. It's very cute. Our girls are at such a great age! well aside from the "NOOOOO"'s and newly discovered temper tantrums :) Brenna has definately hit 2 early.

And yes I'm already ready for spring! lol Snow and ice...it's pretty and all...but not my favorite thing in the world. Especially today! A tree fell on our house this morning from the ice storm! Scared Brenna and me half to death! lol Asa and Mike are outside cutting it up right now! Hopefully it hasn't done to much damage. Atleast we have firewood for next year!