Monday, December 8, 2008

Lily's Ornaments






Every year growing up my parents gave me a new Christmas ornament for St. Nicholas day- and now I have a wonderful little collection of ornaments. So, I am continuing the tradition with Lily. My hope is to give her an ornament each year that somehow reflects part of her year. As I looked for one this year I was having a difficult time. And then I found this sweet, adorable little white bird (pictured above) and thought that this would work- since this year Lily has become facinated by all animals and birds. So I bought it. However, at the very next store I was in I found an owl ornament- and was sort of kicking myself that I had already bought one- since Lily just LOVES owls (she can't say owl yet, but every time she sees one in a book she says, "whoo whoo"- it's the cutest thing). I just didn't feel like returning the other ornament so I passed on the owl. Then all week I debated about going back to get it (yes, I know, it's only an ornament, but this is just how I am)! In the end I just didn't get to it. Then... the night before St. Nicholas day my mom called to tell me that she had bought Lily an ornament and had left it wrapped and hidden in a corner of Lily's closet (to be given to her for St. Nicholas day). My mother is so thoughtful (she bought the ornament way back in September)! The next morning when we opened the ornament from my parents I was shocked to find the very same owl ornament that I had wanted to buy for Lily (the one pictured here)!!! What a wonderful suprise! I guess mother and daughter do think alike!

No comments: