Thursday, August 20, 2009

Mt. Pleasant



Uncle Mike climbing the tower

Off to hunt blueberries


Almost every year at camp with Joe's family some of us take a day to do a hike together. This year we hiked Mt. Pleasant- the 3 of us, Joe's sister and her husband, Joe's dad, and our nephew Chandler. It was a 5 mile hike (there and back)- and Lily did great hiking some (but doing most of the trip on Joe's back). I, on the other hand, struggled a bit. Thankfully Joe's sister stayed back a bit and kept me company. Let's just say I was a little out of breath. But to be fair I was trying to haul my pregnant body up a mountain- so I'll give myself some grace!:) It actually was a really great time for me to catch up with Marianne. The view from the top was a little hazy, but beautiful none-the-less. And the best part of reaching the top? Other than catching my breath the best part was the abundance of wild blueberries. It really was amazing- we ate handful after handful. I sort of wish we had brought a big container to take some home in- because the picking was so much better up there than anywhere else we tried! The hike down was significantly harder on me than I expected and my hips were screaming at me by the time we finished. Later that day Joe commented that I looked like a 90 year old woman hobbling around camp- and that's exactly how I felt. Apparently this almost 7 month pregnant mama should hang up her hiking boots for now!

No comments: