Thursday, August 13, 2009

Taking Pictures


So, if you know me well or have been reading my blog for a while you have probably figured out that I LOVE taking pictures. It's true. So much in fact that it's a dream of mine to become a professional photographer (mainly to do weddings and families and some outdoor photography). And I'm really working at it. Sometimes it works out and I get a great shot and sometimes I don't. But I'm trying. And learning.

So today I was talking with my mom on the phone and she told me that she tried to have some of the pictures I took of Lily this spring developed (some of you might remember the ones of her sitting in the rocking chair holding some lilacs). When she went to pick them up she was accused of trying to print professional photographs (which generally have a copywrite) and they refused to give them to her (they actually shredded them right in front of her). Isn't that fantastic?!!! Okay, it's not fantastic that she didn't get the pictures, but it is incredible to me that somebody really, truly thought that pictures I took were done by a professional. Now don't worry, I'm FAR from getting a big head- I KNOW that I have a long way to go- but this totally made my week! Thanks photo-processing-guy for the compliment!

And in case you are wondering, I just can't bear to write a post without including a photo- so here's one I took of my brother-in-law's sailboat at camp at sunset. Enjoy.

1 comment:

Heidi said...

speaking of that, you should probably copyright your blog/photos. there have been instances where people have had their photos stolen and used in other forms of media.