Sunday, December 27, 2009

Baby Sling

My friend Sarah made me this wonderful baby sling (she's super creative and crafty) and I'm loving it!! We didn't use a sling with Lily (we pretty much used our Baby Bjorn right away because Lily had great head control right from the beginning)- but this time around I am so happy to have one! Let's just say that Eli likes to be held- pretty much all the time when he is awake (and he would like to be held all the time when he is sleeping too if we let him). Obviously this doesn't always work (especially with a toddler). The sling allows me to have at least one hand free (the sling can support him mostly, but his head is still so wobbly that most of the time when I'm walking around I still support his head with one hand). Eli tends to have a bit of a fussy time in the evening. Thankfully it's not too bad or too long, but when he does get fussy in the evening the sling seems to work wonders! In general when he is fussy he likes to walk around and pick things up. Yes, you heard me right- he calms down the fastest when I walk around and pick things up (not just walking around). Apparently he likes a clean house!:) Well, the sling allows me to do that without totally killing my wrists. Thanks so much Sarah- it's a great gift that's saving my joints, calming my baby, and helping to clean my house!!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

yeah bebe sling! You look so cute!