Monday, December 28, 2009

Cookies!!!












This Christmas we didn't do quite as much baking as normal, but we managed to fit some in during Eli's naps. A few weeks ago Lily and I made Chai Spice Gingerbread Boys. This year Lily was really interested in helping me with the whole process- from making the dough to rolling it out to decorating! She found it especially fun to play with the dough and the flour!
Also just a few days before Christmas we made some traditional cut-out sugar cookies with my mom and dad. Even my dad helped with both the cutting out of the cookies and the decorating! The decorating this time around was pretty interesting. Lily really likes to heap as many sprinkles on each cookie as possible so many of our cookies were VERY well decorated! Combine Lily's love of sprinkles and my mom's love of candy red hots and our cookies were anything but boring! Lily went straight from decorating cookies to the shower. I literally couldn't take her clothes off until she was standing in the tub- she was covered from head to toe in sprinkles and frosting!

No comments: