Thursday, December 31, 2009

Best Gift Ever!





I love gifts. I love giving gifts and receiving gifts. There is just something special to me about gift giving- about finding something for someone else that they love and gives them joy (or at the least is something they really need). And when someone does this for me (or my family) it makes me feel loved. Now gifts don't have to be big or expensive or even something you buy. In fact my favorite gift to give is photographs. I'm pretty sure that gifts are one of my love languages.
Well, once again this Christmas my family and I were totally spoiled with presents. Among other things Joe received a gun, a Kindle, and plenty of gun reloading equipement. I received a new camera lens, a great camera bag/backpack, and some fantastic leather boots that I have been eyeing for years. Lily received a wooden treehouse (like a dollhouse), an art easle, and plenty of wonderful games, toys, and adorable clothes. Eli received a fun bouncy house (that he'll enjoy using later this year when he is a bit older), a double stroller, and some adorable clothes and wooden toys. Like I said- we were spoiled.
But do you know what? I think it's safe to say that by far the most wonderful present our family received this Christmas has been the addition of our precious little boy. So when this onesie from our Aunt Cindy arrived in the mail shortly before Christmas it was just too perfect. Because Eli really is just about the best present ever. Second only to the birth of the first Christmas baby. Because it's pretty hard to top the present of God Himself. But Eli is a close second!

No comments: