Friday, May 27, 2011

Rock Your Camera- Week One!

064
059
004
066

On Monday I started a new online photography class called "Rock Your Camera." The objective it to learn to take the best possible photographs manually without any editing. It was killing me a little bit not to be able to edit or crop any of my pictures for the class, but so far it has been a great learning experience for me and I'm pretty happy with the results.

Here are the four pictures I submitted for my assignment this week. I have a long way to go, but I was pretty happy with these...and I got my critique back from my instructor this morning and here is a bit of what she had to say...

"Well, well, well!! Angie Cousins! Look at you!!!!! You are starting the workshop off with a BANG!!!! You rocked exposure this week and your settings. Fabulousoooo week! I'm so excited to see more from you this month!!

She had a few other things to say in the middle giving me some great feedback about my composition (which wasn't the focus for the week, but was great critique). And when I finished reading her email I was pretty much ready to jump up and down with joy! It is incredibly nerve racking to submit photographs for an assignment and critique- so to know that I rocked it made me feel wonderful (and also puts the pressure on a bit for next week...but it's so good for me)!

So, here they are (in all their unedited glory)! It sure does help that I have the most adorable subjects ever!

P.S. A special thanks to Nonnie who was so patient with us on the bog walk (picture #1) and my friend Jennifer who helped me get the last picture of Eli (he's handing her the cucumber)!

No comments: