Friday, February 10, 2012

The Superbowl, Editing & My Toe

So, as I'm sure you well know, the Patriots lost the Superbowl.  It was sad.  They did not play well.  And in case you are wondering, I WAS cheering for the Patriots (they are my husband's team after all)- and as long as they aren't playing the Packers I will cheer for them.  But it didn't help.  And it wasn't a pretty scene around here...Joe was not impressed that they lost to the Giants again...in much the same way that it was the Giants again that essentially knocked us out of a Superbowl with the Patriots.  Maybe it was just the Lord trying to protect our marriage!:)
And while the game may not have been super enjoyable to watch (at least the end was painful) we did have a great time celebrating the big game at our friend's house- and enjoying the incredible spread of food that Steph put on!
And on that note....I snapped this picture while in the process of taking another picture of the football cupcakes I made for the party.  Isn't she beautiful?
Lily SOOC (1 of 1)
The picture is SOOC (straight out of the camera)- with no editing.
But...right now I'm taking an online photography editing class (it was my Christmas gift from my parents).  I am enjoying the class and learning a lot, but it's sort of kicking my butt (in a mostly good way, but most of the time I feel like I have steam coming out my ears)!  So, here is the edit I did of this picture last night for my class...
Lily Edit (1 of 1)
And here's one more I did for the class...the picture is of the road going down Cadillac Mountain in Acadia National Park (which, by the way, is incredibly fun to bike down)...it's a more subtle edit.
Road (1 of 1)
SOOC
Acadia Sunset (1 of 1)
Final (subtle) edit
And as I sit here posting these photos I have my feet up.  That's because I had toenail "surgery" this morning.  The doctor said it went well, but it sure wasn't very pretty (though towards the end even I was able to watch a bit).  The worst of it was the nerve block in my toe- I was thankful for it but it hurt more than I was expecting.  And now I'm just nervously waiting for the nerve block to totally wear off!  I am happy that it's over and hopeful that this will be the last of it and I'll be totally back on my feet very soon.  In the meantime Joe is taking good care of me and the kids (even managing to make some homemade bread while he's at it)!  Happy weekend...I'm going to sit here and rest some more!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Angie, those are so beautiful! I mean, lovely! What class are you taking? I need help. And, I am sorry about your toe. That sounds so painful. Not sorry, however, about the Patriots. I am a Colts fan, so there was a lot of screaming in my house towards the end. :-) Tell Joe that I can appreciate his pain, however. We miss you guys! I am so glad we can keep in contact this way.