Wednesday, June 4, 2014
For some time now Lily has been growing her hair out to donate and today was the day! She was so excited to give her hair to a woman/girl with cancer and I couldn't have been more proud. For her the sacrifice wasn't cutting her hair, but growing it out long enough (because she really prefers her hair short)! This girl of mine is beautiful inside and out, long hair and short, but I have to admit that the short hair is pretty adorable...
And today I am thankful:
8. For haircuts with my girl and an amazing hairdresser.
9. For homemade caramel corn.
10. For my husband who made me a fire because it was cold and rainy and dreary (even though it's June)!
11. For playing Jenga and building train bridges with Eli.
12. That Joe was nearby Lily's school when we got the call that she had gotten sick.
13. For fresh pea pods sauteed in olive oil and garlic.
14. For playing ball with Liam.
15. That in the last 24 hours we raised over $100 in new monthly support for our family and ministry!
16. For my friend Beth who comes over for chai, to visit, and be real. Love that girl.
17. That Baby Einstein videos are able to calm down my sick, fussy babe.
17. For all of the prayers and words of encouragement following yesterday's post.
18. For the reminder from the Lord that money doesn't ensure security, that control is an illusion, and that He is in control!
19. That my daughter has a heart to help others.