Monday, November 8, 2010

Mourning the Loss of my Pictures

The last few days I have been "mourning" the loss of some of my pictures. About a month ago Eli knocked over and stepped on our laptop computer thus totally killing our hard drive. We had two different friends who work with computers full time try to fix it for us (or at least just retrieve some of our lost data). One of our friends who tried to fix it had, previous to looking at our computer, never lost a hard drive before. I think we ruined his perfect record because our hard drive was totally fried. Thankfully we backed up the majority of our data onto our external hard drive. Except for everything we did the last three months- including my pictures! Of course I was pretty upset about this as there were some pictures that I just hadn't gotten around to even posting on my blog (and thus they are totally lost). And then yesterday I went to print some pictures for Eli's birthday and realized that in addition to those 3 months I also lost all my pictures from June of 2009 until March of 2010. Yep, that means that I lost all of the pictures from when Eli was born. I have no idea how I missed backing up those pictures but I'm sure it has something to do with being very pregnant and having a newborn that just made it slip my mind! So, if you know me you know how important pictures are to me- so this was a pretty big deal. I can't even tell you how thankful I am that I have all of my favorite pictures on my blog! I lost a lot of pictures, but I am so thankful that I didn't loose all of them (thanks to my blog)! So after I calmed down a bit and tried to put things in perspective (they are just pictures after all, not people), I dressed Eli back up and took some more pictures of him in his Halloween costume just to make myself feel a little better!:)

1 comment:

The Good Harvest Homestead said...

oh Angie!! That's horrible! That made me want cry!! :(