Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Siblings


Most parents hope to give their children some of the things they never had themselves growing up. We are no exception. Joe has been dreaming about getting the kids a Powerwheels pretty much since Lily was 6 months old!:) But really, the most important thing that I wanted to give my children that I never had is each other. Yes, if you didn't know, I'm an only child. And I had a great family and great childhood growing up. I had good friends and didn't really feel like I was missing out on anything. Now, however, I sometimes can't help but wonder what it would have been like/be like to have brothers and sisters. Well, I guess now I technically do, since I have four (two sisters-in-law and two brothers-in-law) who are great. Still, being able to give Lily and Eli each other has been one of the biggest blessings in my life. I LOVE watching them together. I so look forward to watching their relationship grow and develop over the years. And, in a small way, I get to learn about what it means to have a sibling through them!

1 comment:

Smith Family said...

So cute! They look like great friends :)