Sunday, November 14, 2010

Three!



So, I realize that Lily is actually three and a half now- and this post in long overdue! I actually took these (her 3 year pictures) while we were in Bar Harbor on summer project this summer and I've been meaning to share them ever since, but somehow I just never got around to it until now. I actually sort of forgot. I recently remembered because I've been looking through all of my pictures trying to figure out which ones I lost in the whole hard drive fiasco. I did, thankfully, still have these pictures. I have a few more pictures to share from this little photo shoot and I will do that soon (but those haven't been edited yet and I have to wait until I can get my photo editing software back up and running). So, in the meantime please enjoy these few pictures of my beautiful little 3 year old Lily!
Lily at 3 Years Old:
  • She still has the best little giggle I have ever heard.
  • She laughs a lot.
  • She cries and fusses a lot too when she doesn't get her way (she is 3 after all).
  • She is so very sweet- often telling us (and her stuffed animals) that she loves us.
  • She is better behaved out in public than at home and people are always telling us how sweet and incredibly well behaved she is!
  • She is always hugging and holding hands with her friends.
  • Her friends are very important to her- she is very social.
  • She loves to go out and asks me everyday where we are going that day.
  • She is very much a planner and likes to know and prepare for what we might be doing that day.
  • She has a hard time when her expectations aren't met. I can't tell her we are going to visit a friend (or go anywhere else) unless I am certain we are going or she will be beyond disappointed if plans change.
  • She loves to tell stories and has a story to relate to almost anything you have to say.
  • Sometimes we wonder if she will ever stop talking, but she makes us laugh all the time.
  • She loves going to Sunday School and learning about God. She really enjoys reading her little Bible and praying (though most of the time she wants us to say the words when we are praying).
  • She has an incredibly vivid imagination.
  • She loves girly things like playing dress up (constantly), wearing jewelry, and dancing like a ballerina.
  • Given the choice she would wear dresses every single day.
  • She also likes "scary" things like bats, the big bad wolf, and going for "night walks" with dad.
  • She is currently fascinated with flashlights.
  • She still loves reading books and her current favorites include "Fancy Nancy" and "Ladybug Girl."
  • She loves pretending: pretending that she is a cat, playing "Lord Licorice," playing birthday party, or any type of pretend play with her stuffed animals.
  • She is very emotionally driven.
  • She enjoys watching her "Netflix" while I take a shower- CareBears, Kipper, Dora, and Angelina Ballerina being her current favorites.
  • She is still very active- she loves any game that involves being chased (or chasing), playing on her swing set, swimming, or gymnastics (she just started lessons).
  • She likes "watching" football with us and claims (even without prompting from me) that the Packers are her favorite!
  • The majority of the time she is a very sweet big sister to Eli- she loves to make him laugh and is often very nurturing.
  • One of her very favorite things to do is to paint (evidenced by paint stains all over our house). She also likes to color and draw and basically work on any kind of crafty "project."
  • She still likes to help me bake (and eat the dough).
  • "Macamonie" and cheese is her favorite meal, blueberries her favorite fruit, cucumbers her favorite veggie, Pirates Booty or fruit snacks her favorite snack, and lollipops her favorite special treat.
  • She loves animals of all kinds and she would really like a bunny.
  • She would tell you that her favorite colors are pink, purple, and blue.

Oh, there is so much more about my little girl that I could share- she is "my love" as I call her and I cherish her. I am in no hurry for this sweet, feisty little girl to grow up.

No comments: