Sunday, November 6, 2011

Homeschool Field Trip

Treworgy's Treworgy's2 Treworgy's3 Treworgy's4 Treworgy's5
 Last month the kids and I went on a field trip with our local homeschool group to Treworgy Orchards.  I just love that place (we were there earlier in the season visiting our friends who's family owns it).  But this was our first field trip there and it was lots of fun.  We got to go on a hay ride, pick mini pumpkins, pick an apple, learn how to milk goats, and learn how to make apple cider!  Sorry I didn't get more pictures, but I had my hands full with just the two of them on my own!:)  The pictures of the kids and the goats just make me laugh.  That's because that goat standing right in front of Eli was seriously like a statue- it did not move one stitch for a very long time.  The kids ran around, talked to it, tried to get it to move and still it was like it was made of stone. We were beginning to wonder if it was a fake goat!  Oh my that was entertaining (it's the simple things)!
This was only the 2nd thing we've done with this homeschooling group, but it was really fun meeting other families in this area (besides the ones we already know well) who are homeschooling.  Are we going to homeschool?  Good question.  We're still not sure.  But it is a good possibility.  For now Lily LOVES the pre-k program that she is a part of and I'm sort of in denial that we may need to make some sort of decision in the next 6-9 months.  So I'm trying to relax and just take things as they come (as well as doing some more research and asking lots of questions of my homeschooling friends).  And of course it's great knowing that there is a group like this!

No comments: