Wednesday, November 2, 2011

I promised the lollipops too early...

Leaves 
For almost two years now I have been trying to get a great picture of Lily and Eli together.  It's an illusive pursuit I tell you!:)  I have okay portraits of the two of them together and I have some candid pictures of them together that I love (like Lily holding Eli the day they were born, the two of them wrestling, etc...) but I don't have a great portrait of them together (both looking at the camera, smiling, close to each other, etc...).  I thought the other day was going to be my day.  The light was beautiful, we had a great leaf pile for them to sit in, I had everything ready...and then I promised the lollipops to early!  I told them both that if they let me take a few pictures of them together that I would give them each a lollipop.  This was a great strategy for Lily, but at the mere mention of lollipop (Eli's favorite) Eli was DONE and he wanted it right away.  The picture above was literally the 5th one I took.  Check out that pout on Eli.  He sat there with that sad face just crying and saying "pop" over and over again.  And so I had to stop the whole thing and let them each enjoy their lollipop in the middle of my little photo shoot!  So now I know not to promise the lollipops to early!:)  And a little later I did get a pretty good shot, but I'll save that for later...

No comments: