Wednesday, July 24, 2013

I will not wish it away...

wish3 (1 of 1)
I forgot how much work having a newborn is!  Oh, it's not hard work, it's just rather all consuming and a little bit exhausting.  This baby boy, like his brother before him, likes to eat a lot (every 2 hours) and sleeps the easiest when he is being held.  We can, sometimes get him to sleep other places and thankfully he will sleep somewhere other than our arms after his middle of the night feedings.  But I spend many, many (most) of my waking hours feeding or holding this sweet little bundle. Sometimes I feel like I will just merge into one with my recliner and Boppy pillow!:)

wish2 (1 of 1) wish (1 of 1)
And yet I have made a decision...that I will NOT wish this time away.  I have given myself permission to hold my sweet little baby often, to let him nap on me at least some of the time, and to simply enjoy this time and to enjoy him.  Would it be nice if he slept longer at night?  Sure...I would love more sleep.  But I also know that that time will come.  The time will come soon for sleeping through the night and naps in the crib and sleep training,  And the days of being able to hold and snuggle my newborn baby are fleeting.  And I will not wish it away.  

"Cleaning and scrubbing
can wait till tomorrow,
for babies grow up,
we've learned to our sorrow.
So settle down cobwebs.
Dust go to sleep.
I'm rocking my baby,
and babies don't keep."

No comments: