Monday, May 11, 2009

The Big Surprise (Sort Of)!

Joe and I found out that I am pregnant on March 17th (St. Patricks Day). We decided almost right away that this time around we would wait and surprise all of our family and friends at once. It just so happened that Lily's birthday party was about 5 weeks later and that my parents were flying in from Wisconsin to celebrate with us! Joe agreed to let me tell just a few good friends in the area (so that I wouldn't burst with our secret), but we did our best to keep it a surprise for everyone else until Lily's birthday party.
To surprise our family we bought this cute little t-shirt that says, "Big Sister" and wrapped it up as one of Lily's birthday presents. It was the last one she opened and at the time my mom was helping her open gifts so that I could "take pictures." The look on my mom's face when they opened it was well worth the wait!
So, were they surprised? Ummm- not so much! As soon as I picked my parents up from the airport they immediately asked me if I was pregnant (they claim they had a feeling on the plane). Of course I said no and Joe and I continued to deny everything the whole 5 days they were with us before Lily's party! So, yes, my parents were surprised, but only because we had convinced them just days earlier that I wasn't pregnant!:) And while I had a strong feeling that Joe's mom knew our little secret I had no idea that Joe's whole family was pretty convinced as well that I was pregnant! So apparently we weren't as good at hiding our secret as we thought! Our staff team was very surprised, so that was something! I think it was still worth the wait just to be able to share the news with all of them at once!

1 comment:

Jeff and Dana said...

I love your big surprise. And your photography is getting better each day! Keep up the great work (mommy work and photography work!).