Saturday, May 16, 2009

Library Time!

I do believe the kids are "jumping in the puddles"- this is one of Lily's favorite songs!


Watching the other kids

Story Time


Picking out a book


I haven't been taking many "everyday" pictures lately so I thought I would bring my camera with me to our library!
We live in a little Maine town, but we have a wonderful library and Lily and I love to go there. Every Thursday morning Ms. Cindy (the children's librarian) hosts Toddler Time and it is one of my favorite things to do with Lily every week! Ms. Cindy is amazing with the children and Lily really loves the silly songs we sing (usually complete with hand or full body motions), reading books, and the coloring time at the end! Sometimes it's just a handful or two of kids and sometimes the room is just packed (especially in the winter). When we first started going Lily was really shy and just wanted to sit in my lap and watch, but slowly each week she started participating more and more. I think it's been really good for her to watch and interact with all of the other children and now she gets really excited to go to the library! After Toddler Time we always spend some extra time in the children's part of our library and I let Lily pick out (or help pick out) a few books to take home for the week (mommy gets a few magazines too)!
I am so thankful for such a great library and a wonderful program for little ones!




1 comment:

The Good Harvest Homestead said...

how fun! I've thought about doing that with Brenna at the Library here in Brunswick but have never mustered up the courage. :) Maybe next winter...hehe