Thursday, May 21, 2009

Canoe Trip

Lily spent most of the time doing this: dragging her hands in the water- she just loved it!



She also wanted to try to paddle!
And below we tried to get a picture of her and I, but as you can see here she really just wanted to get past the dog and back to her own little seat- oh well- at least there is some proof that I was actually on this trip!:)

These aren't the best shots as I didn't dare bring my new camera in a canoe with a toddler and a dog (these are with my old camera)- but they are still fun so I thought I would share!
Last Saturday we spent a beautiful Maine morning canoeing on a local pond. The weather was beautiful, Lily loved it, and there was not a single other person on the water! Last summer we attempted to take Lily in the canoe once and it was awful- she just cried the entire time. But now things seem to be working in our favor- she's a year older, she finally has a life jacket that fits and doesn't ride up half way around her face, and Joe got her her own little canoe seat that she loves! I'm already looking forward to more canoe trips!

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Looks like a wonderful family outing on the water. What pond did you go canoeing on? Lily looks so cute in her life jacket with her Binky! I bet she'll be quite the paddler in a couple of years.