Friday, May 8, 2009

Potty Training!


So I took the advice of all the people who filled out my last poll and we decided to go for it on the potty training front! So I read the book "How To Potty Train Your Child In One Day" and on Wedn we went for it! Now I probably only followed half of the plan in the book (basically because I just didn't have the money or the energy to pull off the entire "potty party" as they instruct in the book)- but we still had our own little potty training party and it went great! We started off the day with Lily potty training her bear (which she loved)- this was a great technique. After a couple of hours we transitioned her to her "big girl underpants." I really thought she was going to be excited about this, but everytime I asked her about it she said, "no." I thought that this was going to be the end of potty party, but I persisted and she eventually got quite excited about her new underwear (I mean really who wouldn't after being stuck in diapers for 2 years)! There have been a few accidents (mainly yesterday at our friend's house when she was very busy playing)- but today she was totally accident free (except for nap time and bedtime when she's in pull-ups)!!!! Amazing! I totally expect there to be many more accidents in the future, but hey, that's how we learn. I'm so proud of my big girl! Above is Lily during potty training day (we skipped the pants all day just to make the process easier)- and as you can see we made rice krispie treats!

1 comment:

The Good Harvest Homestead said...

yay Lily! That's great! Brenna will be potty trained too one of these days! I just don't have the energy or time to do the potty party on my own yet! haha (Not to mention, i'm not quite sure how I'd manage it with both of the girls...staying in the kitchen all day...)I'm just hoping that she becomes interested on the potty on her own! haha