Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Best Friends






The last 5 weeks or so we have been living across the hall from our good friends John & Kelly Kidd (who are also on staff with the Lifelines ministry- in Virginia). Their daughter, Libby, is 3 years old and over the last 5 weeks her and Lily have become inseperable. They see each other pretty much every day- often multiple times a day. Seventy five percent of the time they play together wonderfully and the other twenty five percent of the time they fight (mainly over sharing toys). Really, they act a lot like sisters. About a week into our time here Lily came up to me and said, "Mommy, I have a best friend." She was so happy and it literally brought tears to my eyes. You see, I have been totally blessed with a number of "best friends" over the years. I know how wonderful it is to have that one special friend- and to be that one special friend to someone else. And I want that for Lily more than you can imagine. Next week we will return home to Maine and Libby will return home to Virginia and I totally expect for Lily to ask for her hundreds of times in the following weeks. And I'm praying now that God would give her a best friend or two just a little closer to home.

No comments: