Monday, July 13, 2009

Butterfly Pavillion



No, we didn't let her touch the butterflies, but as you can see it was very tempting!

Here she is looking at a beautiful orange butterfly (if you look really close you might see it)!


A beautiful yellow, black, and white one is right off to the left (above the feeder)

I just love the wide-eyed look in the picture!

Totally Amazing (Lily thinks so too)!


On Saturday we spent the day at the Butterfly Pavillion just outside of Denver. I went to this place once with friends many years ago and I just knew that Lily would love it! And yes, she did love it, but more with wide-eyed fascination than with giggly delight. I really think that she was just amazed. There are a number of exhibts there, but by far the main attraction is the large simulated rainforest containing what I can only guess are thousands of butterflies. There were so many different sizes, varities, and colors- it was just incredible! God is an amazing designer. I could have stayed in there all afternoon, but given that it is as warm as a real rainforest my poor husband was dying from the heat! Right before we left Lily found two little purple butterflies chasing each other and she had so much fun playing chase with them as if she was one of them- it was too adorable! No, I didn't get any good pictures of this because it is much more difficult than I would have imagined to photograph children and butterflies together (two small, quickly moving objects in a environment with lots of light and lots of shade plants make it hard)!:) All in all a really fun little adventure!

1 comment:

Jeff and Dana said...

Hey there! Is the finger in the mouth a product of de-binkying your kiddo? I know how much she loves that thing. We just finished de-binkying. it took a lot longer than expected. Love your pictures and Lily's haircut!