Tuesday, July 7, 2009

He's Perfect!

It's a little scary, but here's the best they could do for a face shot!

One little foot


We had our 20 week ultrasound yesterday and he's perfect. That's right, I said HE'S perfect! IT'S A BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can you believe it? Neither can we! To be honest we were hoping for a boy (Joe was really, really hoping), but we both thought our newest little one would be a girl. Apparently we are very bad at guessing these things! Joe was beaming from ear to ear when the ultrasound technician told us. And as the doctor later said, "You can't be 100% sure until the baby is born, but this is clearly a boy." Apparently our little guy isn't very shy. Unless you want to see his face that is. For pretty much the whole ultrasound he was face down. They tried and tried and tried to get him to roll over (which involved a lot of poking at my stomach)- but he wasn't having any of it. Thankfully he turned to the side a few times and they were able to get all of the pictures of his heart that they needed (just not very many face shots). So we didn't get many good pictures, but I promise you that when this little boy is born I will quickly resolve that problem!:) And for now we are happy to report that as far as the doctors can tell our little man is very healthy and everything looks great. He's just a tad bit big (14 oz) so they think that my due date may actually be a week earlier (Nov. 14th)- but they will let my doctor back in Maine make the decision on that. I did gain 2 pounds this month- so that's great (no all ice cream diet for me quite yet)! And given the baby's weight he's actually doing quite well (even if I'm not gaining much). In fact, the doctor said he might be even a little bigger than Lily (who was 8lbs 2oz). I'm not going to lie, I was hoping that this baby might somehow be a little smaller. In the long run though all I want is a healthy, happy little guy. We feel really blessed.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Yay for a boy! I know you guys were hoping for a boy! Now you just have a little more convincing to do to get Joe to have a third :)

Dar said...

Yeah! Joe can now teach "little Joe" how to hunt,fish etc. Keep those pictures coming. I'm enjoying your blog.