Sunday, November 22, 2009

40 Weeks!!!


Well, today is my due date (40 weeks)! And I am still pregnant. I was so sure that this baby would be early. Apparently I am never right about these things! On Friday night I was having lots of contractions (some pretty strong) and I thought it might be the beginning of labor. But they were still really irregular and after 4 or 5 hours they slowed down and everything is back to "normal." So here we are on Sunday just getting all of the last minute things ready (for example, I finally packed my hospital bag last night). Joe's parents come tonight to take care of Lily and we will go to the hospital tomorrow morning at 6a.m. to be induced! I guess I could still go into labor on my own today, but at this point I am planning for tomorrow! It feels like we have been waiting forever for this baby to be born and yet at the same time I just can't believe that we will actually meet him tomorrow!!!
The other day Lily came up to me randomly and kissed my belly-so cute! This picture was taken yesterday of her giving her baby brother a little love (and yes she is wearing a party dress,a sweatshirt, a tutu, fairy wings, and assorted jewelry- she's very excited about dressing up these days)! Very exciting times around our house! Please pray for a safe and healthy delivery for me and the baby and for a smooth transition for Lily and the whole family. We look forward to sharing our exciting news soon!

1 comment:

Mandy said...

Yay! Angie, congratulations! I look forward to seeing pictures. And that kiss is precious.