Friday, November 13, 2009

We Have a Date!

My due date is a week from Sunday (Nov.22nd)! Over the last few weeks it seemed like I was making some progress and I was convinced that our little guy would arrive early. But after a week full of irregular contractions I haven't made any further progress (I saw my doctor this morning). I was convinced that I would be further along- but apparently I am very bad at predicting these things! My doctor assures me that things could happen very quickly- so we'll see. In the meantime the doctor and I decided this morning that they will induce me if the baby hasn't arrived by Monday Nov.23rd (the day after my due date)! Because I had a very difficult time delivering Lily (and almost ended up having a c-section) we want to make sure that this little guy doesn't get too big for me to deliver. So, a week from Monday it is! Of course it is still my hope and desire that I would go into labor on my own before then. And really I hadn't made any progress at all with Lily and I still went into labor with her the day before her due date so I am optimistic that I may not have to wait to be induced. But... I have to confess that I am slightly relieved that we have a date set...I am relieved to know that I only have 10 more days left (at the most)... and I am relieved that if everything goes smoothly with his birth that I won't be in the hospital over Thanksgiving! So, 1o days and counting (but hopefully more like one or two)!:) We are ready to meet you little man!

No comments: