Friday, November 27, 2009

Happy Birthday To You...

Eli's Birthday Cake


Above: We let Lily blow out the candles in Eli's place

Below: Here is what Eli was doing while we celebrated his birthday!

I wanted to do a few fun things for Lily when Eli was born. One of the things I did was that I had Lily bring a present to Eli in the hospital (I don't have pictures, but it was a cute knit puppy stuffed animal). A few weeks ago she even helped me wrap it and she had been excited to give it to him ever since. Lily also recieved a present from Eli- it was a toy doctor's kit. I'm told that she had a blast the next day (while we were still in the hospital) pretending to be a doctor and a nurse. I believe she's already used the entire box of Curious George bandaids that I included with the kit!:)
I also had Lily and Nonnie (Joe's mom) make Eli a birthday cake while we were in the hospital. Lily really likes helping to bake and loves all things having to do with birthday cake (singing happy birthday, blowing out the candles, licking the candles, eating cake, etc...). So we did all of that to celebrate Eli's birthday! Lily and Nonnie baked and decorated the cake and the evening we came home from the hospital (just one day after he was born) we had dinner and celebrated with Eli's birthday cake!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Angie, You look incredible after having a baby! Congrats on Eli's arrival. We missed you all at CotW but are so thrilled that he is in your arms and at your home!