Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Lots of Doctor's Appointments!

Lately it feels like we are constantly at a doctor's office. Okay, that's an exaggeration, but it doesn't FEEL too far from the truth! So, here are our latest updates:
Lily:
Lily had her two and a half year well child check up today. What with all the sick children in our area I wasn't exactly thrilled to take her into the doctor today, but we braved it. Thankfully the waiting room was seperated into "sick" and "well" children sections and we didn't have to spend very long there. And I slathered her down with hand sanitizer a few times! The doctor said that Lily is perfectly healthy! She is in the 50th percentile for height, weight, and head size. Perfectly average. She is one healthy little girl who is right on track with everything. She was so good at her checkup, charming all the doctors and nurses, and even being very brave during her shots. She earned herself some cotton candy ice cream dots (this was the treat she picked out- I should have known she would pick out pink and blue ice cream)!
Me & Baby Boy:
The biggest reason that it seems like we have been at the doctor so much lately is because I now have to go to see my doctor every week (we have been doing this for a few weeks now)! So every Friday Lily and I head into town for my appointment. Lily has been WONDERFUL at these appointments- and she talks often about how we are going there to hear the baby's heartbeat! The baby is doing great and he is VERY active. I am also doing well- the doctor's are very happy with everything and there are no complications thus far. My due date is a week and a half away (Nov.22nd), but I am hoping that we get to meet our little guy sooner than that! I am very READY to have this baby (and not be pregnant anymore)! I have been having irregular contractions each day for a while now and things are beginning to happen. The baby had dropped down and it seems like he is getting ready too! It could be any day now (or another two weeks)- so we are really just in a waiting game at this point! Oh how I hope that it's sooner rather than later!
Joe:
Yes, even Joe has had a number of doctor's appointments lately! But no, he isn't sick (thankfully). He's been taking an EMT course this semester and in order to complete his practical rotations he needed to update all of his immunizations. Unfortunately the doctor's office made a mistake and gave him a number of his immunizations before doing his mandatory TB test- and as a result his TB test came back positive! So ridiculous! It's been quite a run around for Joe to get this all worked out. He has to go back tomorrow for further testing to make sure that he really hasn't been exposed to TB (which I just can't imagine is the case)- uggghhh!
So there you have it. Plenty of doctor's visits all around for this family. And I guess this will only keep up until a few weeks after the babe is born. But, I can't complain too much since we are all pretty healthy. You can pray that Lily didn't pick up anything from the doctor, that I would have a healthy baby boy very soon, and that Joe wouldn't have TB!!:)

No comments: