Sunday, November 29, 2009

Thankful


I have much to be thankful for these days. There is something about having a baby right around Thanksgiving that really puts this in perspective. We are blessed beyond measure.
Not only are we blessed with all of the things that really matter but we have also been very blessed in tangible ways lately. There have been many family and friends going out of their way to take care of us (both before Eli's birth and now after). And there seems to be a non-stop delivery these days of goodies to our house in the form of flowers, gifts, and lots of hand-me-downs for little Eli! And so many people have also been thinking of Lily- bringing/sending little gifts. My sister-in-law (when they visited yesterday) even brought homemade sugar cookie dough and sprinkles so that we would have a fun little project to do with Lily. This is just one example of the thoughtfulness we have experienced from many around us. Another example is the picture of Eli above. As I looked at the picture I realized that everything in that photo has been given or lent to us. The little newborn cushion he is on is borrowed from my friend Amy. The blanket he is laying on was from our friends the Winslows. The knit blanket on top of him was knit by a women in one of the churches that supports our ministry. The outfit he was wearing was a hand-me-down from a friend. And I could go on and on...
So yes, this holiday season I am beyond thankful- for all the things that really matter like faith, family, friends, etc... but I am also thankful to all of you who have provided for our physical needs. While I haven't managed to get any thank you cards out yet (they will be coming)- please know how grateful we are and how loved you have made us feel!

No comments: