Wednesday, November 11, 2009

The Nursery!













The baby's nursery is done! Well, actually I have a few more toys to clean and another wall project that I'm saving for the Spring- but everything else is done! All of the baby gear is ready to go, his clothes are washed and put away, and the ity bity little diapers are stacked!

And I LOVE the way the nursery turned out! It's very clean, simple, and slightly modern. It's a nursery and yet it's not overly "baby" if you know what I mean. And maybe best of all is that I spent very little money converting our office into this wonderful room for our little man!

In fact, most of my favorite touches were created by my mom and I while she was here visiting in October. Most of the ideas were mine, but my mom is the one with the creative power to figure out how to actually make them!

For example, my very favorite part of the room is the mobile hanging over the glider. I came up with the original idea, my mom and I modified it, and then my mom figured out how to actually create it! And it's one of those rare things that actually turned out so much BETTER than I even imagined! I absolutly LOVE it!!! One of my other favorites is the painting over his changing table. I have to admit that what you see here is my second attempt at the painting. The first time I tried it the colors turned out too dark. I tried to brighten it up, but only made it worse. It really ended up looking a little bit psycho in the end. Joe and my parents thought I was crazy, but I just had to do it over again- and this time I was so happy with the results!

So there you have it- our little guy's first room all ready to go. Now we just need a baby!

2 comments:

The Good Harvest Homestead said...

Ang I LOVE IT! I just love your style! And your right, that mobile rocks! What a great idea! Maybe one of these days I'll get me a boy and can redecorate the nursery :)hehe That's one of my favorite things to do!

Mandy said...

That mobile is the one of the coolest things I have ever seen! Love it! Congratulations on having a date...so exciting. :-)

And, the painting's texture is so fun! It makes me want to touch it.