Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Brenners




The same day Christy took our family picture I got these shots of her and her family.
We just adore these friends. Christy and I have actually known each other longer than we have known our husbands! We met as student staff on the Yellowstone Summer Project in 2000 and have been friends ever since. She was even the one who helped me pick out my wedding dress! And her husband, Nic, was discipled by Joe (also on the Yellowstone Summer Project) the summer that Joe and I got engaged. I just love that we all have this history together- separately and together as couples. And was a joy it was to be with them again this summer. In fact the saddest part of leaving the project for me was no longer having these friends living right next door. It is my sincere hope that someday we might at least live in the same city as these wonderful friends!
On a side note: While it's hard to get a bad picture of this beautiful family- doing these pictures did leave me with lots of questions about how to do portraits in direct sun. I'm so looking forward to getting these questions answered in my upcoming photography class!

No comments: