Sunday, June 27, 2010

Scoot






On our last day off in Bar Harbor we actually arranged for childcare for all the parents- which meant that Joe and I got to go out and have a little fun together (without the kids)! So, here

is where I fulfilled another summer project dream that was left unfulfilled two year ago. That's right- I've been dreaming about riding a motor scooter through the park and around the island for years now! Okay, maybe it's a little corny, but somehow I just knew it would be fun. And I was right. Joe and I convinced our friends Gabe and Amanda (who are just so much fun to be around) to join us in renting four sweet little yellow bikes and we formed our own little scooter gang. I'm sure it was a pretty entertaining sight. Actually Joe's parents who got into town that afternoon did see us riding around (only they didn't know it was us)! We spent three hours riding around the island and the park and even riding up (and down) Cadillac Mountain (where we got an incredible view of the fog banks lifting up off of some of the smaller islands). It was kind of cold, pretty windy, and at times a little rainy- but overall it was so much fun!! I actually think that this is pretty much an ideal way to see Acadia National Park (especially if it were on a warm, sunny day). I'll definitely do it again (and next time maybe I won't need a lesson to learn to ride it)! Thanks by the way to Gabe who gave me the pictures from his camera (I thought it best that I leave my camera at home for this little adventure)!

No comments: