Saturday, June 26, 2010

The Picture I Have Been Waiting For...




Two years ago on the Lifelines Acadia Summer Project I discovered an amazing field of lupines not far from where we were staying. I dreamed and planned how I would get there some afternoon to take pictures of Lily in the lupines and possibly even have someone take a family picture of us there. I dreamed and thought and planned and then one day the lupines were just gone (apparently they only bloom for a few weeks at the most). I was so sad. And I have thought about the pictures I missed for two years. And this summer I was determined not to make the same mistake. I patiently waited for the lupines to bloom and waited just a little longer for an afternoon we had free. And this time I got it...the picture I was waiting for. My friend Christy took these pictures for us. Unfortunately that afternoon the sun was really bright and strong so we got a lot of shadows and bright spots. So maybe it's not exactly the perfect picture I was hoping for- but with two little ones, unpredictable weather, and flowers with a short life span what can you expect?! They are still the pictures I was waiting for!

No comments: