Saturday, October 30, 2010

Melt


Lily has such a sweet, sensitive heart and these days I've learned that if I tell Lily something I HAVE to follow through or she just really has a hard time. But on this day I made the mistake of telling her too early that we were going to spend the afternoon with some of her little friends. When our friends had to cancel because of illness Lily was just so sad. So, in an attempt to cheer her up we did this little creative activity. We made our own round rainbow crayons! First we broke up and sorted all of Lily's broken crayons and removed any paper from them. Then I broke them up into small pieces and Lily choose different combinations of colors to put into each muffin tin. We put them in the oven at 450 degrees for about 5-6 minutes (or until the wax was completely melted). Lily and I were both fascinated as we watched the crayons slowly melt and swirl in the oven and we were thrilled with how they turned out! Not only is it fun to melt wax, but coloring with round rainbow crayons is just as much fun!

No comments: