Sunday, September 20, 2009

Introducing Blueberry!





I would like to introduce you to Blueberry- the blue rubber donkey. He is Lily's newest friend. He actually belongs to our friends Steph and Ryan (who bought him at Goodwill for their nieces to play with). This fall, however, this donkey has found a new calling as being a part of our white water rafting programs (something about rescuing him in the river I believe). Well last week the donkey was left at our house (along with all of the other rafting gear) and Lily discovered him. And fell in love with him. She rides him, feeds him, reads to him (as you can see in the pictures), baths him, walks him (on one of Indy's leashes), and even puts him down for a nap when she takes a nap! We named him Blueberry and he has become a very good friend. In fact, Blueberry even has his very own barn in our living room. It's a very roomy cardboard box complete with blankets, pillows, a window, a lantern, and even a door latch made of string. We assure Steph and Ryan that Lily will likely grow bored with Blueberry after a few weeks and that eventually we will be able to return him! Thanks guys for letting us borrow him for a while! Never thought I would have a blue donkey living in my living room!

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I always thought "blueberry" was a very scary little thing! But now I see him in a whole new light! That is THE cutest thing I have ever seen/heard. I've got a feeling Steph and Ryan aren't getting that one back!