Friday, January 16, 2009

Maybe Not So Alone

Living in a small town in Maine can sometimes feel pretty lonely. It just seems that not many young families/couples stay here. The economy is pretty bad everywhere these days, but it's been bad here for a long time. And young families just don't stay. We know, we've had many,many friends leave. But the last 36 hours have been really great relationally. On Wedn night my friend Jennifer and I took our kids to the pool together. I just really love being with her-she's such an encouragement. And then yesterday my friend Rachael (who I haven't seen in a very long time) came over to visit with her son. Lily and Sam played wonderfully together and it was so good to catch up with Rachael. Then last night two wonderful friends called- Laura (from right here in my town) and Jami (who lives in Florida now). So as I sat down with my mug of cocoa last night (made with delicious homemade marshmallows from Rachael) it seemed to me that God was showing His love for me in the last day and a half through my friends just being friends.

And now I'm off for another mug of cocoa- because it's negative 20 degrees here (without the wind chill)! Crazy!

No comments: