Monday, January 12, 2009

Static Attack!

Well, we just got back from a great weekend in Southern Maine celebrating our 6th anniversary and my father-in-law's birthday- both on Jan 11th (yes, we got married on Joe's dad's birthday)! My mother-in-law threw a great party- complete with bonfire and everything! And now we are home (after Joe spent 2 hours trying to get our car to start this morning)!
Anyway, now that we are home I am officially declaring war against static! The air during the winter here in Maine is typically pretty dry (I know, it's suprising considering how much snow we get and how much water is around us- but it's true). And this is made worse by the fact that we burn wood in our wood stove every single day- so the air in our house is horribly dry. And all of this is made even worse by my love for fleece- which attracts static and dog hair in unbelievable quantities! And my poor little Lily just doesn't have enough mass in her hair- so it's either sticking straight up with static or it's sticking straight to her forhead- it's sad.
But like I said, I'm declaring war. Just an hour ago I dug up the humidifier from our basement, cleaned it out, and got it going. That's step one. Step two is to moisturize like crazy (Lily and I will be bathed daily in Cetaphil Body Cream). Step three is to Static Guard toys, furniture, blankets, or anything else that is over come with static. Step four is to find some sort of spray I can put on Lily's brush to keep her hair somewhat static-free. And finally, step 5 is to drink more water. Shocking I know. If you know me well you might know that I REALLY don't like drinking water. But I bought some lemons and starting tomorrow I'm going to try- for the sake of winning this war against dry air!

No comments: