Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Old Friends

While we were home for Christmas I was able to visit with some of my closest, oldest friends. Visiting with Kate, my long-time best friend, was wonderful (this is a picture of Kate and I from her wedding). It had been a year and a half since we saw each other last- which is crazy. There were many years that I would barely go a day without seeing her. But Colorado and Maine are just too far apart. I loved watching her with Lily (who was only a few months old the last time Kate saw her). Lily even gave Kate a hug- which is amazing since Lily doesn't really hug people she doesn't know. I do tell her about "Aunt Kate" so maybe she just knew. And Kate and I were even able go out to dinner- just us- and enjoy some great food and time together. Oh man, Kate, I miss you girl. You know Maine needs lawyers too!


During our time home we went to Minnesota for a very short period of time to recruit for Lifelines at a Campus Crusade conference there. And to my delight I was able to sneak some time in to have a long lunch with Robin, one of my closest friends from college (this is a very random picture of Robin and I, both in red aprons, in a food fight during our summer together working at a dude ranch)! Due to committments to our summer project in May I wasn't able to be at Robin's wedding- so it felt even more special to see her and to finally meet her husband. I sort of forget how much I laugh and how much fun I have when I'm with Robin. So now I'm trying to convince her and Ernie to come vacation in Maine- I have no doubt that Robin and I would have a blast and that the guys would love being out in the woods together shooting things!

And finally I was also able to visit with my oldest friend, Sarah. Sarah and I have been friends since we were about 2 or 3 years old so I literally can't remember not having her in my life. The picture above is Sarah and I as little girls (I'm on the right)- it's one of my favorites! It had been exactly two years since Sarah and I saw each other last- and in that time I had Lily and she had a little boy named Aaron (about 5 months younger than Lily). So this was the first time meeting each others children- so fun! It's too bad that our children won't grow up together like we did.

I was really lucky to be able to see so many of my friends and family while home (especially since many of them live out of state now as well)! I have to admit that it's been great being home- but that I've been feeling a little lonely- and missing many of these old friends and family. How can I get them all to move closer to me?:)



1 comment:

Kate said...

Awwww....love you so much!!!!