Wednesday, January 7, 2009

UW- LaCrosse



A few days after Christmas Joe and I headed to Minneapolis to attend a Campus Crusade winter conference there. Our goal was to recruit for Lifelines (staff and students). Since I grew up in Wisconsin and graduated from UW-LaCrosse I knew that this area would be great for a Lifelines ministry (we don't have any Lifelines ministries in the MidWest). The two days we were there far exceeded our expectations! We were able to meet with the Regional Director and Regional HR Director there and they seemed very supportive of what we are trying to do (which is very important). We had close to 80 students attend a meeting to learn more about the Lifelines ministry and our summer project! And Joe also had an opportunity to introduce Lifelines to all of the staff at the conference! We were also able to speak to all of the 120 students there from UW-LaCrosse- which was especially fun for me! And one of the most exciting parts is that one of the Campus Crusade staff guys from LaCrosse is very interested in Lifelines and starting it there! I would be excited to see Lifelines start on any campus in that region- but I have to admit that it would be especially meaningful to me if our first Lifelines campus there was LaCrosse!

No comments: