Saturday, January 22, 2011

Snow Cave

The snow cave from the outside.


Looking through the entrance at Joe and Lily working inside.

Removing a few more snow chunks.


Joe and Lily inside (there was plenty of room)!






The seat/bed that Joe carved out for Lily!


Below: Even Indy decide to check out the cave!


No, these pictures weren't from our trip outside yesterday (though we DID go outside and we DID spend nearly as much time getting ready as we did actually outside)! But it was still fun for a few minutes watching Lily make snow angels (okay, I made one too) and watching Eli karate chop the snow (it was so deep that was about all he could do)!

These pictures were from a few weeks ago (back in December). After our first big snowfall of the year Joe was so excited to build a snow cave in our front yard! I helped a bit, but he and Lily spent hours outside carving out this cave (which as you can see was quite large)!

And this is one of the things that I love most about my husband. I love it when he does things like this with our kids. With our family really. I love creating sort of magical memories like this for Lily and Eli. I love getting to be a kid again for a bit too (and I think that Joe likes this also)!

No comments: